Friday, April 3, 2009

A Surreal Moment

I was grocery shopping with my husband yesterday when I heard this little third grader run up behind me and loudly say "Hi!". I turned around, looked down and saw this sweet little face looking up at me. Then quickly she added with a tooth missing smile "I know you from the Good News Club!" I couldn't help but smile back as I noticed her face looked like her mother's makeup bag had exploded all over it. Then I replied "Yes you do and you look beautiful today!" She smiled again and said "There's my dad, I have to go" and ran off down the cereal isle.
As I stood there in that second it all seemed surreal and I knew that I was right where God wanted me to be. Then I looked up to see my husband with a little smile on his face, he put his arm around me, winked and said "Wow, you're kind of a big deal, huh?" and we both began to laugh as we finished our shopping.

If you are looking for a ministry opportunity, The Good News Club is an after school program that teaches elementary kids about God and the Bible, get plugged in and volunteer!

No comments:

Post a Comment