Wednesday, April 22, 2009

dolly: writer extraordinaire!

i went to a writing workshop wednesday night - it was very impressive for a local christian event -the teacher and guest speaker were both very accomplished and yes, it was way out of my element!

the first 1/2 hr was spent teaching us the formula on writing commercials, whether for tv or radio - then BAM! we were given an assignment - yes, you heard that right, an ASSIGNMENT! - we had ten minutes to write a thirty second spot!

i did what any other incompetent person that was out of their league would do, i asked where the restroom was and there i hid for five minutes - when the teacher came around to pick up the papers i just looked at him and shrugged - i'm pretty sure that was a look of impression he shot back at me... or maybe not

but, the good news is that i don't ever plan on going into advertising and/or marketing, there for my commercial writing skills will never be needed

so in 'dolly's corner' the cup is still half full!

2 comments:

  1. Dolly,
    Your courage is big. You even show it here by telling us.
    I know your snappy come backs, girl. I attribute this sudden momentary fear to " stage fright ".
    Push to do it next time what's the worse thing that could happen, a strange look !
    Your brain and quick wits are too good not to use in a silly exercise.
    But then again I don't have much room to talk !!! but I like having 4 fingers pointing at me. ah ah !

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHA! It's so amusing to picture you hiding in a bathroom :P I think you would have been good at the assignment though :)

    ReplyDelete